Tuesday 27 January 2009

Aussie aussie aussie

Oi oi oi!!!

Today I experienced Australia Day for the first time and it was great! I really felt the Oz spirit despite the terrible weather. I didn't really celebrate it the Aussie way (i.e., getting pissed drunk on the long weekend) but I did go places.

Saturday we went to the city for OzTrek in Centerpoint, and walked around the city the whole day (imagine, it was around 35-40 degrees celcius!!!). It was really hot and exhausting but come late afternoon, a storm came. We went to Watson's Bay but there was a sandstorm going on. It cooled down some more when we got to Bondi - 19 degrees!

It was perfect but the problem was the wind. We couldn't get out otherwise we'd be blind from the sand. Oh well. We went to Deli's Thai at Glebe later on for dinner and it was lovely, as always. I had Seafood Pad Thai & Money Bags!

Totally off topic, but I'm still trying to get oriented to the whole 8pm sunset thing. See, it's awkward to have dinner at 7 with the sun still mighty high. LAWL.

Early on Sunday, we headed out for Blue Mountains and it was a bit chilly. I was very pleased with the weather as it was the perfect kind of windy and it wasn't cloudy as well. There were so many people at the mountains and the tourists flocked the area, too. I went on the now made safer Scenic Railway which is the steepest ride in the world, being at an angle of 52 degrees! I first went on this one when I was 5 and if you fall you die. :O

We also went on the Sceniscender and did the Scenic Walk where we walked through the rainforest. Pretty awesome stuff!

Well today, we celebrated Australia Day by going to the city. The fireworks were amazing. It started at 840 and ended somewhere around 915 in the evening! It was fun although the weather was the gloomiest I've ever seen. Now, for the more exciting part: photos of everything I've been talking about!

The harbour bridge in all its 6pm beauty hahaha

Watsons Bay, just before the storm

Bondi beach, during the storm (photo from inside the car!)

Me, at Echo Point, Blue Mountains

REALLY COOL DIGIERIDOO MAN high 5ing a little girl. LAWL

Mad Scenic Railway!!!

The famous 3 sisters :D

Mad fireworks at the Darling Harbour

Well, that's it for now, I'm off to the post office! (PS- I fell asleep writing this blog last night, finished up today, 27. Januar 2009)

x
Ryç

4 comments:

  1. Nice dress, BETCH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Totally off topic, but I'm still trying to get oriented to the whole 8pm sunrise thing. See, it's awkward to have dinner at 7 with the sun still mighty high. LAWL."

    Sorry ang epal pero, I think you meant SUNSET?
    Nakakainggit ka talaga sobra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. SUNSET AT 8PM?? SHIT. BUTI NA LANG DITO SA BRISBANE DI NAG GAGANYAN. AND SHIT.. ANG INIT NGA TALAGA NUNG SATURDAY. HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  4. @somuchtrouble: THANKS BETCH. HAHAHA :) thanks to KT!

    @earlylatemornings: AH OO i meant that, sorry! lawl

    @tippylopez: yeah it sets around 8pm sometimes even later :\ eh dyan sa brissy? it was fucked last saturday tangina. ang init talaga.

    ReplyDelete