Monday 16 February 2009

LOST

I swear, I thought I'd never get lost if I followed the CityRail timetable.

WELL GUESS WHAT.

This morning I got up at 6am so I could catch the 745am train at Rooty Hill. It's the latest train from our area that would let me arrive in Bankstown at 930am. Phil and I left the house at 730 as the station is only a 2-minute drive from our house. I got there and there was a long but moving queue and I knew I wasn't going to miss that train.

Few minutes after falling in line, the 734am train was announced delayed by 5 minutes. I thought it was great cos this one person took so long in purchasing his weekly ticket (EFTPOS NOT FTW IN THIS SITUATION!!!). Finally, I got my return ticket to Bankstown (which cost me $10 cos it was peak hour - what a fucking joke!) then I went to the platform to wait for the train.

I felt lucky to have been able to catch the 734am train because the timetable showed that it would stop at Lidcombe, where I needed to change trains to get to Bankstown. I immediately hopped in the train and stood next to the door knowing it was a fast train so stops are greatly limited. The ride was smooth and cool thanks to the rain and wind! By the time I got to Parramatta, I realised that I was so close to my stop. I stopped reading my book and waited for the train to arrive at Lidcombe. Much to my surprise... IT WENT PAST THE STATION. I was like, "holy fuck what do I do???"

I WAS LOST! But not really.

The best thing I could come up with at the time was to get off Strathfield - thank God it stopped there. I rang Phil and told him what happened. He just told me to not put my ticket through and just pass through one of the gates. I was able to do so effortlessly. I knew where the bus stop was to get to Uni from Strathfield, but little did I know that it would take so much time. I was standing there outside the train station and it was raining like it never has in days. I thought it was the worst day of my life.

2 buses went past me, telling me that the UWS one was coming soon. HOW SOON IS SOON??? My patience was really starting to run out and I was getting cutties. It arrived 840ish, and things started to get better. I got student discount which I'm not really supposed to (thank you to the Islander driver I love you!) and just enjoyed the drive from Strathfield to Bankstown.

That's my story. I got lost but I found my way. The funniest thing was, when I got to uni I really thought I was late... but it turns out I was the only one who showed up! LOL. Can't wait to go on another train adventure. Hahaha! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment