Tuesday 16 June 2009

Seems like a jetlag

I haven't updated in so long that I feel guilty.

A lot has transpired within the last two weeks - uni exams, a weekend in Melbourne, and my 21st birthday. I haven't got any idea where to start off because I've had so many stuff lined up to blog about. I was hoping to write up on good shopping spots here, which I reckon would be extremely helpful for all the shopping aficionados. I also wanted to write a whole lot about Melbourne (my favourite Australian city by far, ever since I've first been in 2008!) but I reckon that might need an actual outline as I've seen so much this year compared to last! Also, my 21st has been quite eventful but the festivities aren't over yet so I'll have to save it for another time.

However, I really feel the need to put something up. I reckon I really just missed writing on here. Actually, there is something of interest to me now... This year, Darling Harbour celebrates its coming of age. The harbour has been there since the late 19th century, but it was only reopened to the public in 1988 after its redevelopment.

This year, different events have been organised to celebrate Darling Harbour's 21st. I've been to some of them, the first being Australia Day on the 26th of January this year. The only thing I was able to take part of was the fireworks:


Another event that I have witnessed (in passing) was Hoopla, where Darling Harbour turned into a circus playground for families to enjoy. At first my friends and I thought it was just something really random but I looked it up and it's actually done in conjuction with the Easter long weekend.


This is a really bad photo of it but the performances we've seen (mostly acrobatics and other street acts) were pretty cool! Or maybe I just haven't seen enough of circus acts when I was a kid... Who knows.

And of course, how can one say that one has fully celebrated one's birthday without having CAKE?! :-)



This is Darling Harbour's massive 21st birthday cake placed in the middle of Cockle Bay Wharf. I reckon it's an amazing cake and definitely spells P-A-R-T-Y!!! That said, wait for the blog spam coming your way within the next couple of days. I assure you it will be fun!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment