Wednesday 13 May 2009

On autumn, and the promise of good days

(Written on the train at 0700H, edited 2204H)

My past visits to Australia have always been from mid-April to mid-May, but I never needed to wake up at dawn. This semester, my Wednesdays start as early as 0530H and I found out that if it's foggy when I step out of the house, it's going to be a really nice, sunny day out.

At dawn, the fog is heavy as anything; it seems as though snow will fall any second but it doesn't. Half an hour into the fog, it just almost suddenly clears up, and you see the sun right before you telling you it's a new day - and it assures you it's bound to be good.

To be honest, I've never been more thankful for waking up everyday. That said, I can't wait for my first Australian winter! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment